Due to the ongoing uncertainties surrounding Covid 19 and after consultation with our sponsors, exhibitors and visitors, the Directors of APF 2021 have reluctantly taken the difficult decision to postpone the event for a further year. The revised plan is to roll forward the show to 22/23/24th September 2022 at the same venue at Ragley Estate.
The decision was taken after carefully considering many factors and the results of a survey sent out to current exhibitors, previous exhibitors who had not yet booked and visitors. The results from the survey were invaluable in helping us reach the decision. The key points which led to the decision included:
· The current ban on mass gatherings is still in place with no indication of if or when this restriction will be lifted.
· 80% of exhibitors were in favour of a postponement
· A majority of visitors consulted were in favour of postponement
· Exhibitors indicated that they would need a six month lead time to order machinery
· The current level of restrictions and quarantining of anyone visiting the UK would severely affect exhibitors, their staff and visitors from abroad being able to attend
· Concerns raised by exhibitors about attending and whether it would be viable for them to do so with possible enforced restrictions on attendance affecting visitor numbers
· Visitors expressing concern that the event would not be as good as usual with fewer exhibitors and features
· The requirement of many of our suppliers for 100% upfront payment on booking with no refund at a time when we have no guarantee that we will be allowed to hold the event.
Exhibition Secretary, Ian Millward commented “It is heartbreaking that for a second time we have had to make this decision. But, taking all of the above into account, it became obvious that the only sensible option was to postpone until September 2022.