Gristwood and Toms, the nations arboriculturalist, has been selected to work in partnership with the Curo Group to deliver tree maintenance services across their extensive property estate in the South West of England.
Gristwood and Toms will take over the delivery of services on 1st September 2017. Curo have nearly 8,000 trees currently mapped on its land (open spaces, communal gardens and parks) that Gristwood and Toms will help to manage and care for. Curo operates across eight local authority areas, which are mainly in the South West of England. The area covers Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Mendip and West Wiltshire. Curo also has some stock in Taunton Dean and Cotswold.
The appointment followed a robust tender process where Gristwood and Toms clearly demonstrated:
- Overall best value for money,
- An in-depth appreciation of the Curo customer base and their needs,
- A positive track record delivering outstanding tree care services for social housing providers.
- An ability to communicate in real time and utilise the latest technology to ensure that Curo, and its customers and systems are up to date at all times,
- A clear programme of activities so everyone knows what to expect and when to expect it.
- A commitment to renowned customer service and sharing the ethos behind Curo’s values.
- A community investment programme for Curo’s communities and neighbourhoods.
Darren Kilby, Head of Sales and Marketing at Gristwood and Toms, commented, “we’re thrilled to be working with the Curo Group on this brand new contract. We understand how important a high quality, reliable tree maintenance service is to our client, and to their residents and we look forward to working with Curo to support this, and deliver positive outcomes for the communities we work within.”
- Gristwood and Toms are widely recognised as the nation’s most professional and capable tree services provider. With a proud 45-year heritage, the company is now the largest tree contractor in the UK and directly employ over 200 staff from Apprentices to Registered Consultants. We are the Nation’s Arboriculturalist.
- Curo is a not-for-profit housing and support organisation based in Bath, providing affordable homes an
d high quality care and support services across the West of England. Curo is one of the largest landlords in the South West, with a diverse portfolio of affordable and market rented homes. With over 25,000 customers, they manage more than 13,000 homes and are building hundreds of new homes every year.