If you need it performed proper, it’s a must to do it your self. Simply ask Chris Strode.
Like most software program builders, Strode grew to become pissed off with the obtainable bill choices. All he noticed was difficult software program that didn’t have the small enterprise in thoughts. Strode knew that invoicing software program with pointless accounting options and language solely confuses customers, so when his seek for a easy, small enterprise invoicing software program got here up brief, Strode designed his personal.
Invoice2go was created in 2005 as a domestically put in Home windows app. The corporate ultimately converted to a cloud-based SaaS mannequin and infiltrated the cell app world, and Strode’s one-man present has now grown right into a employees of 90. With 200,00zero customers in over 50 nations, this invoicing answer has been valued at over $100 million. Invoice2go has been featured within the App Retailer’s prime 10 and has received quite a few awards for tech and innovation and the best mobile app design.
By way of cell choices, Invoice2go is sort of inconceivable to beat. The simple to make use of UI is designed particularly for telephones and tablets, and the app is supported not solely on the same old iPhone and Android gadgets, but additionally on AppleWatch and KindleFire. In a world the place cell apps are sometimes pale shadows of their net software program counterparts, Invoice2go stands out from the group by providing a cell app with the identical (if not higher) performance than the desktop software program.
Nevertheless, the desktop model of Invoice2go additionally has a cell app design, which might be complicated, and the software program usually runs slowly. Many customers additionally expertise crashes with each the desktop and cell software program. Third-party integrations are mainly nonexistent and options are restricted solely to invoicing. However regardless of these points, the software program affords very customizable invoices and may very well be match for small companies searching for a option to handle, arrange and ship invoices rapidly. The excessive performance of the cell apps alone units Invoice2go aside. Learn our full assessment to seek out out extra, however first try this fast video.
Invoice2go affords a free 14 day trial. No contracts or bank card data is required. After that, there are a number of totally different pricing tiers. Funds are made yearly. (The cell app model is at the moment providing a 50% low cost for the primary yr of service. This sale’s finish date is just not disclosed, so act quick in the event you’re .)
Net Software program Pricing
- Starter Plan:£39.99/yr – Contains 50 invoices and 20 consumer listings. Helps a single consumer (with entry for an accountant as nicely).
- Professional Plan: £79.99/yr – Contains 250 invoices and 100 consumer listings. Provides Apps2go options. (That is Invoice2go’s approach of creating up for no third-party integrations; Apps2go is the collective title for quite a few characteristic add-ons. Extra data to come back.) Helps a single consumer (with entry for an accountant as nicely).
- Enterprise Plan: £109.99/yr – Contains limitless invoices and limitless consumer listings. Provides Maps2go. Helps 5 customers.
Further customers might be bought throughout the software program below Account Settings.You too can select to pay for the cell app as you go as a substitute. This may very well be an financial choice for some smaller companies. All pay-as-you-go choices embody 20 consumer listings. You possibly can ship limitless invoices (as much as $300,00zero), however be aware that each one bought invoices expire one yr after the acquisition date.
Cell App Pay-As-You-Go Pricing
- 10 Invoices: £9.99
- 30 Invoices: £19.99
- 100 Invoices: £49.99
Word: Costs usually change yr to yr.
Net-Hosted or Regionally Put in:
The desktop model of Invoice2go is web-hosted. No installations or downloads required. Cell apps for telephones and tablets are domestically put in.
or Software program Necessities:
The desktop model of Invoice2go is cloud-based and works on any laptop with web entry. Browser-wise, I like to recommend utilizing Google Chrome. Whereas Firefox and different web browsers are supported, I had constant points with Firefox operating gradual and being unresponsive.
The cell app model of Invoice2go is supported on iPhone/iPad (iOS eight+), Android (four.zero.three +), apple watch, and KindleFire.
Particular Dimension of Enterprise:
Invoice2go was designed to be a customizable software program answer that matches any small to mid-size enterprise. The mid-size enterprise half is perhaps a stretch for these companies needing extra customers or any kind of accounting instruments. Nevertheless, for small companies searching for stable, skilled invoices and lightweight bookkeeping and group instruments, Invoice2go may very well be a sensible choice. Micro companies, sole proprietors, and freelancers may also profit from the software program (enjoyable reality: 21% of Invoice2go customers are freelancers). Invoice2go even helps a number of corporations. When it comes all the way down to it, in case you are searching for invoicing mobility supported throughout a number of gadgets, it doesn’t get significantly better than this.
Ease of Use:
Invoice2go is usually very straightforward to make use of and the cell app UI is extremely spectacular, though the desktop UI is typically missing. Each variations take solely moments to grasp and options are nicely organized.
- Set-Up – For the desktop model, arrange is kind of easy. The arrange course of did take me a very long time, however that’s as a result of I’m choosy about how I design my invoices (and if we’re being trustworthy, I went a little bit loopy making an attempt to decide on the right brand and shade mixture). That being mentioned, I like the customization Invoice2go affords. You start by selecting your base template and background. Then you may customise the colours and add a brand. Or, you may create a brand instantly by way of Invoice2go. A few of the logos themselves are a bit paying homage to clip-art, however the frames and colours you may add to the logos go a good distance in making your brand private and a little bit extra skilled. Invoice2go affords seven templates, 50+ template backgrounds, 200+ logos, 26 brand frames, and 24 shade preferences. As soon as your template design is accomplished, you might be prompted so as to add primary firm data, set default gross sales tax, default e mail messages, and default feedback for invoices, estimates, buy orders, and credit score memos. Like its competitor Zoho Bill, Invoice2go boasts that customers can ship an bill throughout the first two minutes of setup. Nevertheless, I like to recommend spending some critical time in settings first, so that you don’t miss out on necessary preferences like enabling cost gateways. It’s additionally necessary to notice that gadgets can’t be added instantly from the bill editor and should be inputted in a separate display screen earlier than sending. For those who’re now asking your self, what’s the arrange like for the cell app? I can actually reply that it’s significantly better. The desktop interface seems as if it have been designed for a cell app, so the interface features and operates significantly better on a cell gadgets. Apart from that, the arrange course of for the cell app is mainly the identical because the desktop model. For those who create your Invoice2go app on the internet first after which add a cell account, you get to skip the entire arrange half. All it’s a must to do is check in and your data syncs mechanically.
- Group – The group of Invoice2go is simple to grasp and every thing is the place you’ll count on it to be. Each the desktop and app model are specified by the identical approach. The Dwelling web page comprises choices to create an bill, estimate, buy order, or credit score memo. On the left aspect, there are tabs for Dwelling, Folders (that retailer all invoices, estimates, buy orders, and credit score memos), Merchandise, Purchasers, Dashboard (that is the place reviews are discovered), Settings, and Corporations. The one distinction between the 2 interfaces is that within the cell model, Apps2go apps are listed on the left aspect, whereas within the desktop model they’re accessed by way of a button on the highest left nook. There are additionally assist choices throughout the each software program variations.
- Directions and Steering – I didn’t discover myself in want of a lot help since Invoice2go is comparatively easy and well-organized. Nevertheless, there’s a assist middle and FAQ part that may be accessed from throughout the software program. A few of the assist articles are outdated, however they’re useful for probably the most half, though I did discover myself utilizing the reside chat assist discussion board most frequently for any questions I had.
- Issues – As a lot I wished to love Invoice2go due to its award-winning repute, there have been fairly a number of issues I had with the software program, notably the desktop software program.
- Runs Gradual – The desktop software program runs extremely slowly, particularly on Firefox. I initially thought this is perhaps as a consequence of my very own server, however in researching the shopper opinions I spotted this was an issue throughout the board.
- Crashes – The identical goes for desktop crashes. The software program froze whereas I used to be creating an bill; I needed to restart the software program and misplaced all of my progress. I additionally grew very uninterested in “unresponsive script” warnings. Nevertheless, I by no means skilled a crash whereas utilizing the cell app.
- UI Design May Stand Enchancment – As talked about briefly above, the desktop UI is designed for cell apps, not for the pc. There are occasions when you may’t increase a characteristic to suit your laptop display screen. This isn’t a deal breaker by any means, nevertheless it was a minor annoyance. As well as, a number of design options may very well be streamlined. For instance, I want that when wanting by way of 200+ brand choices, I didn’t should click on by way of each, single one.
- Missing Options – From what I’ve seen, Invoice2go is missing a number of key options. Whereas they do provide further options by way of their Apps2go choices, they’re nonetheless missing key features like initiatives and job-costing. The reviews are restricted, and for an invoicing software program, I used to be anticipating extra template choices and a recurring bill choice. (There’s a recurring choice by way of Schedule2go, nevertheless it’s solely obtainable on the cell model.)
Invoice2go focuses on what it does greatest—invoicing. That being mentioned, options are restricted to invoicing and don’t embody a few of the typical accounting instruments you may see in different mixture accounting/invoicing software program choices. Earlier than you look by way of the next, pretty brief characteristic listing and rule Invoice2go out, it’s necessary to notice that Invoice2go does attempt to make up for its lack of options with its Apps2go choices. To see a full characteristic listing and study extra about what these apps entail, go here.
- Dashboard – The dashboard consists of charts and graphs that rapidly present your corporation’s monetary state and up to date historical past. They embody whole gross sales, whole variety of gross sales, common gross sales, largest sale, cashflow, totals for every quarter, prime 10 clients, and clients that also owe cash. On the left aspect of the display screen you may also entry numerous reviews. When clicking one these reviews, you set the default dashboard display screen to be that report except you alter again to the dashboard tab.
- Invoicing – The invoices are extremely customizable. Chances are you’ll select from seven templates and an assortment of logos, buyer notes, reductions, and default phrases and situations. Bill creation is straightforward. All it’s a must to do is click on on every part you wish to edit, add content material, after which e mail it off. You can also print invoices to ship or save them to your information. You’ve the distinctive choice so as to add a watermark to your invoices, and you may set automated cost reminders. Invoice2go makes it straightforward to connect bills and receipts to your invoices, and to connect logged time (as long as you’ve got the Professional or Limitless Plan). There isn’t any recurring bill choice except you’ve got Schedule2go, and Invoice2go doesn’t observe when an bill has been seen. From the consumer’s view, emailed invoices seem as a pdf attachment with a hyperlink to cost choices throughout the physique of the e-mail.
- Estimates – Estimates work in the identical approach as invoices. You possibly can create buy orders and credit score memos in the identical approach. It’s straightforward to transform estimates to invoices (simply choose copy estimate and Invoice2go mechanically creates an bill for you).
- Funds – Invoice2go integrates with PayPal and accepts visa, Mastercard, Uncover, and American Specific by way of Stripe cost processing (the processing charge is 2.9% +$zero.30 per transaction). Funds might be made instantly by way of the despatched invoices, and Invoice2go helps refund funds.. You too can add your financial institution data to the underside of invoices so shoppers pays you that approach if you would like, nevertheless it appears a little bit unsafe to me.
- Emails – You possibly can customise e mail notes, although the identical default message shall be in all emails except you manually change them earlier than sending. Below settings, you may select to CC your self to obtain all emails to your information. It’s additionally doable to set automated cost reminders (three days earlier than an bill comes due, the day of, three days after, and 7 days after).
- Objects – I didn’t name this a listing perform as a result of, nicely, it isn’t one. That is solely a spot to retailer merchandise data resembling product descriptions, amount, value, and tax. The gadgets characteristic makes it straightforward to create invoices, nevertheless it doesn’t observe your stock rely.
- Contacts – You possibly can handle contacts and save their data right here.
- Reviews – Invoice2go affords 13 reviews together with numerous gross sales reviews and expense reviews. I used to be blissful to see a Revenue and Loss Assertion, however in the event you’re searching for different typical accounting reviews, you received’t discover them. All reviews might be emailed or printed in addition to exported. You too can give your accountant entry to those reviews.
- Watermark – One of the distinctive options Invoice2go affords is the power so as to add a watermark to invoices for additional copyright safety.
- Multi-Foreign money – Invoice2go helps over 45 currencies.
- Gross sales Tax – You possibly can set three totally different gross sales tax defaults in Invoice2go. You too can edit the gross sales tax fee manually throughout the bill in the event you want extra gross sales tax choices.
- API (Beta) – Bill to go has an open API beta model for builders. For extra data, and to see what has already been created, go here.
- Imports and Exports – Virtually each main perform (i.e. contacts, gadgets bills, and many others.) permits you to import current data through csv. You too can export knowledge throughout the software program itself, or you may go to exports.2go.com and export particular person or batched information into csv, xml, and json format.
Buyer Service and Technical Help:
Invoice2go customer support is obtainable day-after-day from 5:00am-6:00pm PST. In my expertise, the Invoice2go customer support employees is pleasant, useful and quick. The reside chat choice is out there 24/7 for fast responses, and the emails I despatched have been responded to rapidly and successfully, with one response taking solely a half an hour. Whereas I like to recommend these two assist strategies above the others, Invoice2go has numerous customer support choices, together with:
- Cellphone – Name Invoice2go at 1 (888) 818-7110.
- E mail – Contact Invoice2go at support.2go.com. That is Invoice2go’s most popular customer support technique.
- Help Ticket – You too can fill out a assist ticket here.
- Stay Chat – There’s a reside chat choice obtainable on the Invoice2go web site.
- Help Middle – The Invoice2go Support Center options many movies and articles explaining how features work and troubleshooting frequent issues. Many of those movies and article are outdated, and I didn’t discover them as useful as simply emailing or chatting with a consultant.
- YouTube – The Invoice2go YouTube channel additionally options lots of the movies discovered within the assist middle. Once more, a few of them are outdated, and many of the how-to movies are about self-explanatory features, however the buyer tales and Invoice2go suggestions movies have been attention-grabbing.
- Weblog – Invoice2go retains a blog with insightful articles and information on upcoming releases. Additionally they characteristic recommendation articles for small companies that may very well be precious.
- Social Media – Invoice2go maintains Facebook and Twitter accounts, each of which characteristic the most recent weblog posts. The Twitter feed additionally retweets useful enterprise recommendation articles. General, I used to be extremely impressed by how the corporate handles buyer questions and complaints, notably on the Fb web page. Even in response to extremely indignant and impolite clients, the Invoice2go employees all the time responded kindly and genuinely and tried to proper any drawback or criticism.
Detrimental Opinions and Complaints:
I used to be stunned by the variety of complaints made in opposition to Invoice2go. Whereas there positively may very well be a component of negativity bias in play (learn our submit “Understanding Negativity Bias” here) I nonetheless wouldn’t ignore the next complaints since there are so widespread. These points might not be deal breakers and there are many individuals who love the software program and have used it for years, however this suggestions continues to be value retaining in thoughts:
- Gradual, Crashing Software program – As I skilled myself, the Invoice2go software program runs slowly and crashes pretty usually. Many customers have been irritated by the quantity of crashes and doubted the server’s reliability. This was the commonest criticism that I noticed.
- Buggy – A number of customers additionally complained that the cell apps are buggy. (And the iTunes historical past reveals that just about each single Invoice2go replace is addressing some kind of bug.)
- Unreasonable Costs – Some folks have been fed up with Invoice2go altering their costs yearly when a brand new model is launched. (The vast majority of the complaints nevertheless, got here from customers who had initially used the domestically put in model of Invoice2go and didn’t just like the change over to cloud-based, subscription-based software program.) Different customers don’t like the truth that they should pay for the Professional or Enterprise plan so as to get the additional options they want by way of Apps2go, like time monitoring.
- No Third-Celebration Integrations –That carry us to that proven fact that Invoice2go has no third-party integrations besides Paypal. Many customers want that Invoice2go would supply extra add-ons, particularly these customers who already function their enterprise with sure third occasion integrations and might not use them after switching to Invoice2go.
- Poor Buyer Service – There have been a number of complaints concerning the customer support. Customers mentioned they have been gradual to answer emails, and some have been by no means responded in any respect.
Optimistic Opinions and Testimonials:
No matter all of the unfavourable elements of the software program, there are nonetheless many happy clients who get pleasure from Invoice2go. In reality, the software program has obtained 4.3/5 stars on the Google Play Retailer and 4/5stars within the App Retailer. Listed here are a few of the issues customers like:
- Good Buyer Service – Many customers skilled optimistic customer support. Most mentioned they skilled fast responses (with one girl receiving a response to an pressing e mail inside 10 minutes). One other girl mentioned that when there was an issue along with her account, Invoice2go went above and past by working along with her to repair it and even threw in two free months of service for the inconvenience.
- Robust Mobility – The commonest buyer reward revolves across the cell apps. Customers completely love that they’ll bill on the go and that each one their gadgets sync collectively. KindleFire customers have been particularly excited to see an app for his or her gadgets (which is one thing I haven’t seen in some other invoicing software program).
- Fast and Simple to Use – Customers mentioned the app was fast to study and straightforward to make use of, which saved them time and stress.
- Skilled Invoices – Fairly a number of customers praised the skilled model and customizability of the invoices.
Here’s what a number of clients are saying:
“We’ve lower our admin time by at the least 20% every week, and win extra enterprise as a result of we are able to produce estimates immediately for the shopper.”- Steve and Dave B., Hen Hardwood
Dan M DCM MAINTENANCE – “I used to spend hours within the van, writing out paper invoices after jobs. Now, I can create skilled wanting invoices, and ship them on the spot.” – Dan M. DCM Upkeep
“Couldn’t think about doing enterprise with out this app anymore. I used to do hand written estimates. The paper would often turn into misplaced after I wanted than and so forth. ow every thing is all the time proper in my cellphone and I adore it! I like the reviews to see how my concrete building enterprise continues to develop month over month yr over ear! I’ve used this app day-after-day since March 2012 and to today by no means had an issue or main compliant. I might extremely suggest this app to anybody.” – Jess
Integrations and Add-Ons:
Invoice2go affords very restricted integrations. Nevertheless, the Invoice2go crew has created their very own inside add-on apps. These add-ons differ in accessibility between the desktop and cell model, and are solely obtainable for Professional plans or increased. As well as, all plans assist PayPal and different cost processor choices.
- PayPal – Settle for on-line funds and allow digital cost of invoices. Learn our full assessment here.
- Receipts2go – Observe bills and take footage of receipts. Supported on each the desktop model and cell app.
- Calendars2go – A timetracking device that allows you to mechanically add logged hours to an bill and observe occasions. Supported on each the desktop model and cell app.
- Maps2go – Map service to assist find your clients and observe your gross sales places. Cell app solely.
- Sign2go – Let clients signal paperwork like invoices and estimates straight you’re your cellphone or pill. Cell app solely.
- Scan2go – Add barcodes and QR codes to your invoices. Cell app solely.
- Statements2go – Ship consumer statements summaries to clients. Supported on each the desktop model and cell app.
- Schedule2go – Scheduling device that provides recurring invoices. Desktop model solely.
Invoice2go is just not very forthright about its safety measures, however after a little bit digging, I’m inclined to imagine this reticence is a safety measure in itself and doesn’t point out an absence of safety. Invoice2go makes use of 256-bit SSL encryption and robust authentication and tokenization for logins. Their servers are hosted by Phoenix NAP Secured Servers and Amazon Web Services, and adjust to PCI and DSS requirements.
General, I’m most impressed by Invoice2go’s cell app. The simple to make use of, nicely organized, absolutely functioning app makes it clear why this software program has received so many awards. That mentioned, I believe the desktop model might stand some enchancment. Whereas Invoice2go outranks nearly each competitor in cell choices, I nonetheless discover myself wanting extra. I do respect the give attention to bill customizability and the distinctive watermark characteristic, in addition to the general usability of this software program. However when stacked up in opposition to related software program choices (like Zoho Bill or Freshbooks), Invoice2go’s options appear small and underwhelming; Invoice2go lacks venture options, full stock, third occasion integrations, and different small touches (like thanks notes) that come normal with different invoicing options.
In case you are searching for a robust cell app or for a option to run your corporation on the go throughout a number of gadgets, Invoice2go is a good device. For companies requiring a number of third-party integrations or accounting instruments and reviews, this software program might be not one of the best match. Both approach, you may take Invoice2go for a check run with this free desktop trial or try the free trial cell app trial by way of the App Store, Google Play Store, or Amazon.