TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ is the 21st Century Service Delivery Standard for Tree Surgeons applicable to amenity tree care service providers, organisations, and individuals, currently being implemented throughout the arboricultural industry.
TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ provides evidence of competency for tree maintenance operations in parks, highways, gardens, and public places, driving higher levels of Health and Safety, Amenity Tree Care, Sustainability and Biosecurity protection for overall improvement in service delivery in the Arboricultural Industry.
The Standard was called for by key players in the Arboricultural Industry to confirm best practice health and safety and quality service requirements with certification of compliance after independent Third Party audit.
The owners and sole authorised auditors for TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ are 3Core2 Certification, www.3core2.co.uk an Accredited certification Body with global and UK clients. Audit and Certification to the Standard is provided by 3 Core 2 Certification Ltd.
TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ has been developed by professional auditors and arboricultural industry practitioners, with development team members making presentations to key industry service providers and carrying out detailed consultations with industry stakeholders and specialists as the Standard was developed. Pilot global audits of suppliers were carried out, and the standard revised and reissued continuously to reflect the audit experience gained, giving the developing Standard greater resilience.
As a key indicator of its growing acceptance, TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ has been adopted by Gristwood & Toms, one of the UK’s largest Arboriculture service providers, as a requirement for all its suppliers and sub-contractors.
With increasing interest in TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ implementation across the Arboricultural Industry, the standard has become accepted as a mark of excellence in contract tender requirements.
Following independent Third Party Audit, TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ recognises service standards in organisations or individuals with the following levels of award available:
Bronze Standard Remedial action required
- Where significant non-conformity is identified, a Bronze Level certificate will be issued along with the Auditor’s report and written confirmation of the corrective actions required to achieve compliance and a Silver Standard Grade.
- Remedial action should then be taken within one month for the Bronze to be raised to Silver.
- The Bronze Level indicates that a company or individual is actively going through the process of attaining compliance.
Silver Standard Industry compliance
- The grade for basic compliance with TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ is Silver.
- The highest grading available after a first audit is Silver.
- To progress to Gold Standard organisations or individuals must have been awarded the Silver Standard.
- Tree Surveyors who carry out surveying alone will be awarded Silver if successful.
Gold Standard Exceptionally good
The achievement of TC2020 Tree Care Compliance™ Gold Standard is exceptional and requires the following:
- Applicants for Gold Standard must possess current Silver Standard compliance, held for a minimum of one year.
- For the Gold Standard audit Applicants must provide evidence of a written work method or procedure.
- Applicants will have a safe system of work in place in addition to site specific risk assessments, and this will include controls and monitoring for HAVS and noise.
- Applicants must provide records of accident reporting and investigating relating to arboriculture for the previous six months prior to the audit.
- Applicants must carry out a pruning operation from a MEWP for which there is a Risk Assessment and Method Statement in place.
- Applicants must also undertake a dismantling / rigging operation of a mature tree (forest type) for which there is a Risk Assessment and Method Statement in place.
For Surveyors to achieve Gold Standard they must be able to demonstrate that they are carrying out successful Consultancy operations in addition to tree surveying work.